Children Services of the Washington County Free Library
provides materials and information for children ages infant
through age thirteen and their parents or adult caregivers.
We offer a variety of events and programs for children.
You'll find many of our programs and events listed below,
and we offer additional special programs throughout the
year. Please refer to the Kids
Events calendar for days and times, or contact us
at 301-739-3250 x250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular Programs at Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Branch
- Infant Storytime (ages 6-18 mos.): (Pre-registration required) Wednesdays at 10am & 11am
- Toddler Time (ages 18-36 mos.): (Pre-registration required) Mondays at 10 am & 11 am
- Preschool Story Time (ages 3-5 yrs.): Every Friday at 11:30 am
- Stories with Mr. Jeff: (all ages) 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM
- LEGO Challenge: 3rd Friday of the month @ 3:30 pm
Ages 6 and up- New challenge every month.
STEM Programing 1st Wednesday of the month at 6:30 PM
2014-15 STEM Classes
- November 5th: Fossils of Maryland
Presented by Hagerstown Community College’s Microscopy Program)
- December 3rd: Sweet Experiments – Candy Science
- January 7th: The Science of Music
- February 4th: Night on the Moon
- March 4th: AGsploration: Do You Get My (Non)Point? – Modeling Pollution in a Watershed
(Presented by Washington County 4-H)
- April 1st: Build-A-Bot
- May 6th: The Great Egg Drop – an Eggsperiment
- Summer Reading Club (all ages): June 1st - August 31st
- Preschool Crafts (ages 3 - 5): Summer
- Battle of the Books (4th - 6th grades): November - March
- Holiday Storytime and Crafts: December
- Yount Authors Writing Contest, Poetry Contest, and Easy Picture Book Contest: January-March
"Fridays at the Library" for HomeSchoolers
The Washington County Free Library hosts a series of free programs for HomeSchoolers entitled "Fridays at the Library." These are held on the 2nd Friday of each month during the school year, September - May. No registration is required. This year, one longer program will be held from 2:00-3:30 PM for all ages.
All sessions at the Alice Virginia & David W. Fletcher Branch
100 S. Potomac St.
Hagerstown, MD 21740
- November 14th: Abrakadoodle Art (Presented by Abrakadoodle MD/PA)
- December 12th: Introduction to Yoga (Presented by Open Minds)
- January 9th: Robotics (Presented by Washington County 4-H)
- February 13th: Gymnastics and Dance (Presented by On Stage Performance)
- March 13th: AGsploration: The Science of Maryland Agriculture (Presented by Washington County 4-H)
- April 10th: Introduction to Microscopes (Presented by Hagerstown Community College)
- May 8th: Treasure Hunt & End of Year Celebration