Meeting Rooms Available
Meeting Room Guidelines
- As the size and capacity of the library meeting
rooms are limited, they are to be used by nonprofit
groups, organizations, or associations. The meeting
rooms are not to be used by any organization wishing
to hold (1) any form of religious services, (2) political
meetings, (3) meeting involving solicitation either
explicit or implied, or (4) and advertised or announced
open public meeting. The right to accept or reject
the application shall rest with the Director.
- Any advertisement of a meeting must contain the
following statement: “ADVANCE RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED.”
- Applications are available through the Administration
Office and must be returned at least two (2) working
days (M-F) in advance of the meeting. Applications
are accepted on a first come-first served basis, and
meetings are limited to two (2) per month. Application
for regularly scheduled meetings can be requested
up to one year in advance with approval being withheld
until September of each year in order to establish
Library programming requirements. Library activities
and programs have priority over those of any other
institution or organization. The decision (e.g., authorization
or refusal) of the administration of the Library will
be recorded on the application form and a copy mailed
to the applicant. There is no charge for use of the
meeting rooms. No charges may be levied by any group
for a meeting held in Library meeting rooms.
- The meeting rooms are available for use Monday thru
Thursday, 9:15 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.; Friday, 9:15 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.; Saturday, 9:15 a.m.
– 4:45 p.m.
- Meeting room facilities are not available on Sundays
or Holidays recognized by the Library.
- The size of the meetings may not exceed 12 persons
in Room A or 40 persons in Room B/C. Applications
will not be approved for meetings which will tend
to be in excess of the capacity allowed. Groups permitted
to meet are obligated on their own accord to see that
the capacity is not exceeded.
- Alcoholic beverages are on permitted on Library
property. Smoking is not permitted.
- Neither the name nor the address of the Library
may be used as the official address or headquarters
of an organization.
- Upon discretion of the Library, meeting room reservations
may be canceled due to unanticipated building or weather
- Upon adequate notice, the Library reserves the right
to withdraw permission for the use of any meeting
room. Library activities and programs have priority
over those of any other institution or organization.
Adopted, Board of Trustees 5/14/97